Cluster: Emerging Star
Price target: Rs355
Current market price: Rs198
Price target revised to Rs355
Balaji Telefilms Ltd (BTL) and Star entered a 49:51 joint venture (JV) in April 2007 (with BTL having a 49% stake) to launch regional entertainment channels in Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Marathi and Gujarati. Star transferred its Tamil channel Star Vijay to the JV. Forward integration in regional broadcasting arena (especially south Indian language channels) with a world-class broadcaster like Star (with BTL's expertise in content) promised immense value creation potential for BTL and acted as a trigger for the stock. However the broadcast venture has been considerably delayed, as the first of these channels in Telugu that was to go on air by September 2007 and to be followed by the launch of at least four other regional language channels over a period of time are still to operationalise. The management has cited procedural issues to get the required approvals as the reason for the delay. In the absence of clarity on the timeline for the launch of these channels, the worst-case scenario would be that the JV might be called off. Considering this, we have conservatively revised our estimates and price target for the stock.
- U.S. Economy: Consumer Sentiment Drops to 26-Year ...
- Buy Hindustan Unilever Buy HUL
- LANCO Infratech (LITL)
- Learn How to Trade With Free Stock Market Game
- Sharekhan ValueLine[For April 2008]
- Buy TCS (Tata Consultancy Services)
- The Fall of Dollar Empire!
- Ashok Leyland
- BHEL a good quality stock CNBC-TV18’s Executive Ed...
- Famous quotes of Dhiru Bhai Ambani
- Know the Stock Markets - Say Hello to Profits
- Stock Market Analysis
- Taking Risks in Stock Market Trading
- Secrets of Online Trading and Stock Market Hours
- CREST ANIMATION : Can It be Indian Disney by 2010 ...
- Emerging Markets: Is It Time to Cash In?
- JK Tyres to invest Rs 480 crore
- Buy BHAGYANAGAR INDIA Ltd AT 39.5/-
- Buy BHEL
- Please Accept these 2 Free Reports on Gold & Silve...
- Buy Balaji Telefilms
- US recession will not impact India adversely
- Telecom, BHEL (result 4QFY08), Cement, Steel, Insi...
- Buy Godavari Power
- EXPECT Q4 EARNINGS TO DISAPPOINT: RELIGARE SEC
- Skinning the Mortgage Market
- Strong BUY JK Tyre & Industries Ltd
- Foolish Speculators
- Buy PNB
- ▼ April (29)